Oct 23, 2003

the gravy train of strained english...

that's how DubyaSpeak.com describe's the president's public speaking. this site first got big during his campaign, but give the man a few years and a lot of linguistic car wrecks can happen.

anyway, here are the top 10 dubya quotes from the editors of dubyaspeak.com:



10. "I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war."

9. "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."

8. "You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

7. "No, I know all the war rhetoric, but it's all aimed at achieving peace."

6. "My mom often used to say, 'The trouble with W' -- although she didn't put that to words."

5. "In 1994, there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated 'exemplorary' according to our own tests."

4. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right."

3. "Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

2. "I understand small business growth. I was one."

1. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

No comments: