Dec 10, 2007

Why they fear Obama more than Hillary

Andrew Sullivan, the conservative Atlantic Monthly writer has written an insanely good argument for President Obama, based on the notion that Barry would be the first post-baby boomer president who could move the country beyond the usual culture war issues that we've been preoccupied with for the past 40 years.

Amazing stuff. I wish I'd written it!

Here's a great Obama quote from before the Iraq invasion:

I don’t oppose all wars. And I know that in this crowd today, there is no shortage of patriots, or of patriotism. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war … I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.

No comments: