Aug 8, 2005

brewing update...

jay and i had a great brew session saturday. our first batch went pretty smoothly for the most part. we used liquid malt extract and dry yeast this time around. the color did come out a little darker than we expected, but we made a lot more wort than the recipe called for.

jay and i think we'll be better next time going to one of the local homebrew shops and picking up better ingredients. liquid yeast, especially, is supposed to give you much better cell counts, and therefore a smoother, quicker and more full fermentation.

so far it looks like we might try to brew an IPA within the next few weeks when this batch is ready to be bottled. here are some pictures of the carboy...


No comments: