May 21, 2007

The plan is in motion

Wow. What a summer this is shaping up to be. It turns out I'll be moving down to Atlanta in about a week from now. I landed a job last Friday at a small publishing and marketing firm that produces a monthly business magazine in one of Atlanta's more booming suburban counties.

I've long wanted to find a job that would combine the aspects of the media business I like most: high-quality journalism and innovative use of technology. I spent about two hours meeting with my future boss last week and I feel like it's the kind of place that will take advantage of my skills and creativity a little more than where I'm at now.

So I'm heading down south over the holiday weekend. I'll be back up north for a couple of weddings next month. Then hopefully by July Dionne and I can find a condo to buy. So far we're blown away by how cheap real estate is.

No comments: